From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of Bart Ferguson
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:46 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: Re: KR> I crashed last Saturday

> Any thoughts, anyone??????????

 Good to see you made it back to Earth in one piece.

 Just curious to know if you've ever tried to thermal in your KR? What
was your decent rate with the misfiring motor compared to what it would
be with the prop stationary? Not sure what you L/D is but I've heard of
152s being thermalled for some distance, although that may just have
been hanger bull. It would be interesting to know how the KR behaves in
soaring conditions (i.e. exactly how strong a thermal you need to
maintain altitude and how much lift falls off according to bank angle).
The atmosphere is full of energy so why not put it to use?

B. Ferguson