Hi, Mike.

My (very biased) advice is: if you can locate a Type 4, forget the Types
1, 2 and 3. The Type 4 is an extensive redesign, solved most of the
reliability problems of the preious ones, the case was built in a better
alloy. Only problem is to find one, because much less Type 4 were
produced.

I own a "how to rebuild your VW engine" book, and the authour keeps saying
"Of course, this problem is not found on the Type 4 because..."

The Type 4, 1.7 liter version  will give you 65 hp. There are good and
safe modifications available on the market to increase that to at least 80
hp.

Check Great Plains Aircraft website, it is full of information on the
subject.

Serge Vidal
KR2 "Kilimanjaro Cloud"
Canberra, Australia

mplane...@aol.com

Envoyé par : krnet-boun...@mylist.net
26/10/2006 00:32
Veuillez répondre à KRnet
Remis le : 26/10/2006 00:32

        Pour :  kr...@mylist.net
        cc :    (ccc : Serge VIDAL/DNSA/SAGEM)
        Objet : KR> (no subject)

Hey Netters, I am contemplating type 1 VW2180CC and type 4. I was
wondering
what the weight differences are vs power output.
KR2 builder in NC.
Mike Simpson
mplane...@aol.com

" Ce courriel et les documents qui y sont attaches peuvent contenir des
informations confidentielles. Si vous n'etes  pas le destinataire escompte,
merci d'en informer l'expediteur immediatement et de detruire ce courriel
ainsi que tous les documents attaches de votre systeme informatique. Toute
divulgation, distribution ou copie du present courriel et des documents
attaches sans autorisation prealable de son emetteur est interdite."

" This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or
proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise
the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents from
your computer system. Any unauthorised disclosure, distribution or copying
hereof is prohibited."