Don't waste your money on the Tiny Tach.  I bought three or four of them and
finally gave up.  I still have one in the box that displays something, but
it never showed a thing when hooked to an engine. Even if you finally get it
going, it won't last long, and may give you double or triple (or half or a
third) of the reading it should...or it'll just give you some crazy number
that means nothing.  The stories are in the archive, and even on my webpage
somewhere, but I suspect you will not be pleased with it or the support
you'll get from the guy that sells it.  Yes, I used the correct four stroke
version.

Trust me...I tried very hard to make it work, and when I finally got it
straightened out (I had to shield the coil wraps and plug wire with aluminum
foil which was also grounded to the engine), it lasted only a few months
before it went blank.  I'm assuming the battery died.  It's certainly not a
7 year battery, at least not if you use it.  Put your money into something
that will be accurate and last, and you'll be way ahead...

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com