"I guess I'm looking for pros and cons more than anything."

The most abused components on airplanes are tires and wheel pants. Even if you
don't operate off grass or dirt strips they just take a beating especially if
they are in the prop wash which basically means sand blasted. Already mentioned
weight and vibration issues are real considerations. To minimize the ingestion
and accumulation of mud/ice/debris I took some 1/4" clark foam and glassed in a
bulkhead into each half of my wheel pant around the tire. This also adds a lot
of stiffness to the pants instead of having to make them with multiple layers
of glass to attain the same strength.

Stephen Teate
Composite Cooling Solutions, L.P.
4150 International Plaza, Suite 500
Fort Worth, Texas 76109
817-708-9140

The information in this email is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient,
you should delete this message.  Access to this email by
anyone else is unauthorized, and any disclosure, copying,
distribution or action taken or omitted in reliance on it
is prohibited and may be unlawful.