I had the AP/AI at my hangar attach a test apparatus on the pito tube.  and
the ASI was within 1-2 mph with every airspeed he dialed in.  This  was
sitting on the ground while using either the wing static source, or behind  the
panel static source.  Makes me think the ASI is okay, and that the  problem
is whichever source I try it's not truly static.  I guess I will  try
seeing if the tube on the wing is not pointing in the direction of  flight.  I
know many of the other aircraft I look at on the ramp and in the  hangar have
static sources on the outside of the fuselage between the  firewall and the
panel, so I thought that might help moving it there.

The altimeter is usually reading about 70-100 feet low, but since I can see
 the ground whenever I fly it hasn't concerned me.

In a message dated 2/4/2012 3:11:30 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,