Yep,

Running anything at 100% load rating seems less safe than running it at
1/10th of the load rating as suggested here.

Someone I think mentioned the failure mode of this type silicon device is
that it will short circuit.  I agree, shorting is the more common failure
mode in my experience.  Back in the day we replaced dozens of silicon
semiconductors every day, when found one we'd say "That was a transistor,
now it's brass." or diode or whatever..  very few failed open.  even fewer
failed "noisey" as if there was an iffy connection inside.

In this circuit if the part were to fail in that most common mode (highly
unlikely at 1/10th rated load) the ignition would continue to operate due
to the device is in series with the load. That's convenient.  It would
fail, and you would not notice until the next runup test.

Still not experiencing an ignition failure even while shorted.

jg