I'm also interested in a bare-metal SIG.

Cluster-Lifecycle is an important topic for me, as there are many tools for
managing bare metal clusters, and many required components for such things
are pretty esoteric (PXE, LLDP, TFTP, IPMI, lots of low-level stuff) for
many developers used to a managed cloud environment.

For example, we use Collins[0] to manage our bare-metal hardware
inventory/lifecycle, but it's pretty clunky, and somewhat incomplete out of
the box.

[0]: https://github.com/tumblr/collins