sig-datacenter

From: Sandeep Srinivasa <s...@lambdacurry.com>
Date: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 7:33 AM
To: Tomasz 'Zen' Napierala <tnapier...@mirantis.com>
Cc: Rakesh Malhotra <rmalho...@apprenda.com>, Kubernetes user discussion and
Q&A <kubernetes-users@googlegroups.com>, Kubernetes developer/contributor
discussion <kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com>, Justin Garrison
<justin.garri...@disneyanimation.com>, Isaac Arias <iar...@apprenda.com>
Subject: [GRAYMAIL] Re: Bare Metal SIG

I agree. sig-on-prem is best suited.

On Nov 30, 2016 20:53, "Tomasz 'Zen' Napierala"
<tnapier...@mirantis.com<mailto:tnapier...@mirantis.com>> wrote:

I also agree that sig-on-prem better describes the goal.

> On 30 Nov 2016, at 16:06, Justin Garrison
> <justin.garri...@disneyanimation.com<mailto:justin.garri...@disneyanimation.com>>
>  wrote:
>
> If sig-aws has a reason to exist, then so does sig-metal. People who use the
> cloud have (justifiably)  no interest in mechanics that will be mandatory in
> bare metal - like choice of load balancers, networking across data centers,
> etc
>
> With that being said, I don't think this should be called sig-metal. The
> focus of the sig shouldn't be explicitly about running on hardware (although
> that may be many of the topics). Running kubernetes without cloud environment
> support is more what I would like to discuss and would not alienate users
> running on VMs behind their firewall.
>
> Possible name ideas
>       • sig-on-prem
>       • sig-no-cloud
>       • sig-firewalled
>       • sig-legacy
>       • sig-the-hard-way
>       • sig-unhosted
>       • sig-from-scratch
> It must be too early. I'm obviously joking about sig-no-cloud

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-dev/fbf7dd5b-a66b-480f-9e67-6b87680c9af1%40googlegroups.com.
Tomasz 'Zen' Napierala
Kubernetes Engineering - Poland

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-dev/03484A68-605B-489A-A6B9-D37B43FC52BB%40mirantis.com.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is
confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others
authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been
automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service
(SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human
generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find
out more visit the Mimecast website.