I have created custom Google Cloud VPC, then created custom Private Network
Access Subnet under that VPC.

Below are Setting of Private Subnet

[image: Inline image 2]

Then while creating GKE Cluster we selecting Network as Custom Created VPC
and Subnetwork which we have created Private Subnet as above.

These are steps we have followed to launch cluster in Private Subnet.

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 10:32 PM, 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user
discussion and Q&A <kubernetes-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> How did you create these private/public subnets?  GKE should not allow
> you to create a cluster in a Network that doesn't have a default route
> to internet.  Routes are per-Network, not per-SubNetwork.
>
> On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 11:27 PM, nnilesh7...@gmail.com
> <cybage.almdev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 8:52:47 PM UTC+5:30, Tim Hockin wrote:
> >> GKE relies on public IPs to access the hosted master, for now.

> network Subnet.

> Private Network Access Subnet too under that VPC.

> nodes assigned with Public IP. Why it is so ? As per Google Document
> private instance should get Private IP.

> application to Google SQL instance ?

> Public Subnet only, not in Private Subnet ?

> > Thank you very much Tim, for your reply!!
> >
> > So for now GKE cluster we have to launch in Public Subnet. Right?
> >
> > Observation : We have launched GKE cluster in Private Subnet, but GKE
> Cluster is behaving same as if its launch in Public Subnet.
> >
> > --

    • Re: [kubernet... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • Re: [kube... nnilesh7...@gmail.com
        • Re: [... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
          • R... Cybage ALM
            • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... dbghule
                • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
                • ... aditya . pr
                • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
                • ... manjotpahwa via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
                • ... aditya . pr
                • ... Vinita