Private cluster is private by default.  You can not access the master from
the internet.  You can specifically change that with the master authorized
networks feature, or you can access it from within your VPC network.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 10:42 PM Vinita <vjo...@etouch.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use private cluster. I am able to create private cluster
> but kubectl commands are not working. I am seeing connection time out error
> as below -
>
> kubectl run nginx --image=nginx --replicas=2error: failed to discover
> supported resources: Get https://104.154.200.217/api: dial tcp
> 104.154.200.217:443: i/o timeout
> Am I missing something. I am seeing this issue in my SDK as well as Cloud
> shell.Thanks
>

> On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 1:31:46 PM UTC-7, manjo...@google.com wrote:
>>
>> On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 4:56:09 AM UTC, Tim Hockin wrote:
>> > NB there are two issues here:
>> >
>> > 1) how to run a cluster where the VMs have no public IP, and the node
>> > <-> master comms are private IP.
>> >
>> > 2) how to run a cluster with long-term-stable egress IPs.
>> >
>> > They are not the same issue, despite being related :)
>> >
>> > Tim

>> allows your VMs to access google service without a public IP.  You still
>> have to make VMs without a public IP, which GKE does not support yet.

>> don't want to expose my containers to public IPs

>> default,
>> only

>> any update.
>> public ip. Each kubernetes node having its own public ip makes a mess.
>> Right now, only solution seems to be running a NAT instance[1]. GCP doesn't
>> provide NAT gateway as service either, so one would have to deal with
>> scaling and high availability themselves.

>> https://cloud.google.com/solutions/using-a-nat-gateway-with-kubernetes-engine

>> Hi,
>>
>> GKE now supports private clusters :-)
>>
>> https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2018/03/kubernetes-engine-private-clusters-now.html
>>
>> Hope that helps!
>>
>> --

  • Re: [kubernetes-us... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
    • Re: [kubernet... Cybage ALM
      • Re: [kube... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • Re: [... dbghule
          • R... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
          • R... aditya . pr
          • R... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
          • R... manjotpahwa via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
          • R... aditya . pr
          • R... Vinita