On Friday, October 13, 2017 at 9:05:14 PM UTC+5:30, Tim Hockin wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 3:17 AM,  <dbgh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Friday, July 28, 2017 at 11:52:27 AM UTC+5:30, Tim Hockin wrote:
> >> Private Google Access is not a private subnet.  That simply allows your
> >> VMs to access google service without a public IP.  You still have to make
> >> VMs without a public IP, which GKE does not support yet.
> >
> > Are there any near plan to have GKE working in Private network ? I don't
> > want to expose my containers to public IPs
>
> We are evaluating how best to support this.  In the mean time, it's
> important to note that none of your containers are exposed by default,
> they do not have external IPs, and with the exception of the nodes'
> SSH port, all the default GCP firewalls default to "closed".  The only
> "public" traffic required is GKE masters <-> nodes, and that is only
> "public" in name.  The traffic stays withing Google's network.
>
> Tim

I would like to give this thread a bump and love to know if there is any update.
It is not uncommon to allow access to a service by whitelisting the public ip.
Each kubernetes node having its own public ip makes a mess. Right now, only
solution seems to be running a NAT instance[1]. GCP doesn't provide NAT gateway
as service either, so one would have to deal with scaling and high availability
themselves.

[1]
https://cloud.google.com/solutions/using-a-nat-gateway-with-kubernetes-engine

    • Re: [kubernet... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • Re: [kube... nnilesh7...@gmail.com
        • Re: [... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
          • R... Cybage ALM
            • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... dbghule
                • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
                • ... aditya . pr
                • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
                • ... manjotpahwa via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
                • ... aditya . pr
                • ... Vinita