On Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 2:01:46 AM UTC+5:30, manjo...@google.com wrote:
> On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 4:56:09 AM UTC, Tim Hockin wrote:
> > NB there are two issues here:
> >
> > 1) how to run a cluster where the VMs have no public IP, and the node
> > <-> master comms are private IP.
> >
> > 2) how to run a cluster with long-term-stable egress IPs.
> >
> > They are not the same issue, despite being related :)
> >
> > Tim

> > > I would like to give this thread a bump and love to know if there is any
> > > update.
> > > It is not uncommon to allow access to a service by whitelisting the
> > > public ip. Each kubernetes node having its own public ip makes a mess.
> > > Right now, only solution seems to be running a NAT instance[1]. GCP
> > > doesn't provide NAT gateway as service either, so one would have to deal
> > > with scaling and high availability themselves.
> > >

> > > [1]
> > > https://cloud.google.com/solutions/using-a-nat-gateway-with-kubernetes-engine
> > >
> > > --
>
> Hi,
>
> GKE now supports private clusters :-)
> https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2018/03/kubernetes-engine-private-clusters-now.html
>
> Hope that helps!

Hey, this is great news. Thanks for update.

  • Re: [kubernetes-us... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
    • Re: [kubernet... nnilesh7...@gmail.com
      • Re: [kube... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • Re: [... Cybage ALM
          • R... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
            • ... dbghule
              • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... aditya . pr
              • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... manjotpahwa via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... aditya . pr
              • ... Vinita