Weronika and Tamara wrote:

< In the US I get in lots of conversations I'm completely lost in...
> Tamara, does this ever go away?

No, not really. After 31 yrs here, I still fail every trivia test there
is, even the ones designed for my generation. But it doesn't bother me;
I can't be expected to know things I didn't grow up with>

Doesn't only happen in a different country - I frequently get lost in
conversations with those younger than me. Some of the words they use make me
think that they've been brought up on a different planet let alone a
different country! And I said I'd never sound like my parents ..........

Jean in Poole