The last confusing time detail I can never remember properly - do you
use 00 or 12 for midnight and noon, and which one is pm and which one
is am?

Weronika

Okay.

If 11 PM is 2300, then midnight can only be 0000. 1200 would not follow 2300, but 0000 would.
Therefore, 1200 is noon and it is PM.

0000 is midnight and it is AM

Unless of course, you live in Spain, which has a whole different set of rules. I worked at a voice mail company and had to check out the Spanish phrases. We had to invent a whole new method of concatenating phrases because of the Spanish way of doing things.

AM doesn't change to PM until 1300, or 1400, depending on some arcane detail I don't quite remember.
But AM and PM aren't used to announce the time.

Times are described as morning. afternoon, evening and night.

Things are always done a little differently everywhere you go.

Good night (but it's past midnight, so Good morning)

Patty