I'm going to stick my head above the parapet and ask the moderator to rule on
patriotic outbursts on an international forum.  I imagine we all love our
respective countries but don't feel it neccessary to voice it in the context of
this list.  It is, after all, a form of political statement.

As I understand from history the Japanese attacked Pearl Horbour and this was
followed by a declaration of war against the USA by either Hitler or
Mussolini or both.  Therefore that country was dragged kicking and screaming
into the
conflict and didn't "volunteer" to come to the aid of England ( or the rest of
the British Isles or an occupied Europe).

But this kind of response is what results from earlier statements.  Please.
Alice. stick to lace, of which you are very knowledgeable, and less contentious
subjects.

Patricia in Wales