I'm not at all shy about expressing political opinions myself - BUT I feel that when they involve such sensitive issues, it is more courteous not to put them on lists dedicated to other purposes.

I know I can simply hit delete, but I'd prefer to keep everyone on the list as a friend, and when opinions about sensitive topics cause people to leave the list or become offended, that becomes difficult.