In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, David
Collyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>Any clear craft glue will do the trick. Or you might like to consider
>searching for a website for "Spotlight" - I'm sure they'd do you a mail
>order of Fraycheck, or is it Fray Stop in Australia>

I seem to remember reading some time back (possibly years ago whilst I
still had time to read rec.crafts.textiles.needlework!) that the
Fraycheck sold in one particular country (might have been Australia) had
a habit of turning brown over a period of time - whereas that sold here
in the UK (at least) doesn't appear to - I made an @ badge (somewhere
around the time that Steph Peters started making bobbin lace - how long
ago was that, Steph?) and it hasn't changed colour yet. (@ badges were
cross stitched, laced or whatever to be worn when likely to be meeting
up with other internet stitchers - at needlecraft shows, etc).  I
wouldn't use it on anything I would want to keep long term, though. PVA
is much safer as it dries clear and will wash out.

--
Jane Partridge