From: ann DURANT [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 30 July 2003 00:06
To: Ruth Budge; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [lace] Lace fans

I've done about a dozen fans, and when it comes to mounting, each time, I
find I have to refer to Christine Springett's book.  I have 3 separate
pleating plans - large, medium and small - which I have drawn up according
to Christine's instructions - when I have completed the fan leaf I tack it
to the pleating plan - I usually tack around the fan/plan 6 or 7 times
before I am ready to pleat.  These pieces of interfacing will last me for
ever, I hope, so I won't have to make any more.

I use wooden fan sticks - usually the ones done by Springetts - and I prime
them before using them with diluted PVA glue, which I allow to dry.  Then I
stick the sticks to the lace with PVA.  I made a bad mistake once, by
glueing the stick to the wrong fold of a pleat, and didn't notice until it
was finished and dried!  I used a stiff bristled brush, and a little
filtered water, and dabbed gently along the line of the stick until I could
lift the lace off the stick, and I was able to relocate in the right place,
so no harm done!

Ann in Manchester, UK
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This message has been checked for all known viruses on behalf of Vivista by
MessageLabs.

http://www.messagelabs.com or Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Vivista formerly Securicor Information Systems for further information
http://www.vivista.co.uk

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended
only for the individuals named above.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you should be aware that any
dissemination, distribution, forwarding or other duplication
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  The views
expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual author
and not necessarily those of Vivista Limited.
Prior to taking any action based upon this e-mail message
you should seek appropriate confirmation of its authenticity.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender by using the e-mail reply facility.