On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:48:05 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>Hi all
>
>For those not going over lists and checking them twice to go to
>convention, how're things, lace-wise? Everyone cool enough (or warm enough
>or tepid enough - this is hemisphere friendly) to do lace? And what's on
>your pillow now?
>Let's fill in the time until convention reports come our way...

Hi Bev et al - I am in the process of making a kumihimo cord (on your ex-marudai Bev)
in silver to attach to the ring pillow I have made for my son's
wedding in September. The lace on the pillow is the letter 'A' in honiton featured in
this month's 'Lace' with a Bucks edging (it was on my travel
pillow for ages and was just long enough) around the edges. I have also made a garter
which just needs finishing off - I bought some silver
elasticated cord yesterday to put through the middle. For the veil I have made a
honiton bee ( traditionally this was always included in Honiton
wedding veils) and a four-leaved clover. Pictures will be on my web page very soon.
I have also started a floral Torchon bookmark for demonstrating, which I hope to be
doing at Gawthorpe Hall (near Burnley) in August - Textileworkshop
(ex CD2000 committee) has an exhibition on there until the end of October, called
'Nature's Design' - well worth a visit if you are in the area. The
Hall is a NT property and is a fantastic Elizabethan family house, with one of the
largest textile (including lace) collections in the country. - over
14,000 pieces and the finest collection outside the V&A. At the moment they are
cataloging and assessing the collection which means it's not available
for private study, but will be when it's all finished.There are always about 500
pieces on display in the Hall.
ttfn Jacqui

Jacqui Southworth, Fleetwood, Lancs, England
Larkholme Lace - Bobbin Lace Supplies, painted bobbins and tools,books
www.larkholmelace.co.uk
*** New 'Precious metal' bobbins, 'Jewel' bobbins ***
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED]