I am about to finish my first ever hanky edging with
corners.  I've been working "Passionfruit" from 100
Traditional Patterns using Egyptian cotton and a
bronze metallic gimp.  I probably should have worked a
swatch first, I don't think the gimp is going to show
up very well, but I'll just call it "subdued".  I'm
very pleased with it.  The pattern is all point ground
with the gimp outlining a section (I love doing point
ground).  I worked the last corner in one go without
looking at the working diagram.  I have about 6 pins
left to work and then sew in the end to the beginning.
 I've been waiting for a chunk of quiet, uninterrupted
time to do that and the time hasn't come up in the
last 10 days.

Already I'm looking forward to my next project.  I am
demonstrating at an 1832 fort in September and I would
like to work one of the patterns from the Laces of
Ipswich.  I would also like to make a bolster pillow,
but do you know how hard it is to find wool in the
middle of the summer?  I've checked the thrift shops
and they have never seen wool blankets come in.

=====
Diane Williams
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Galena Illinois USA