From: ann DURANT [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 31 July 2003 01:02
To: Bev Walker; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [lace] summer/winter lace projects

Hi, all

This is going to sound rather gloomy/pessimistic/stupid.  I have spent the
first 7 months of this year making the lace for 2 heirloom table cloths, and
shall spend the next 5 months (God willing!) making the lace for a third.
Until I have done all three and mounted them, I am not going to do anything
else!

The reason?  Up until a couple of years ago I had every intention of living
forever, with all my faculties (of course!) - even after my first heart
attack, when the consultant told me that I was a creaking gate and would go
on for ever.  The second 'slight' heart attack had me in hospital for a
month, during which time I had a double coronary bypass, and lost my
'creaking gate' status.

The problem is that I have three children, and every one will have to have
an heirloom - hence the three cloths.  I just started the lace for the third
this evening - and for light relief I am halfway through mounting the first.

Ann in Manchester, UK