. . .And in the event that I would want to have a bigger pillow, I think I'd
splurge and purchase an inexpensive 20" cookie, and then cut it in two places so that
it folded like a gate-leg table. (I'd avoid a center cut, because I don't like working
across
the cut).  If the pillow had two cuts, and I made a backboard with a center fold, the
two could be assembled and held together by a drawstring pillow cover - and the two
parts would combine to be sturdy when assembled.  Even with work in progress, the
backboard could be removed and folded, the pillow would be folded under itself (with
work still in progress in the center) and it could be safely packed away.

Clay

Clay,

This is positively brilliant!

Patty Dowden