On 4/21/07, Sue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> work else where would be the point of us buying them for the use of our
> members? Are we infringing copyright in doing so?

Of course not - that is fair use ;)
And yes, what Lucie in Ottawa described, the copyright infringement is more
about mass-producing for resale.

I would like to add one more thing to this interesting conversation - that I
think it is a really good idea to note on one's pricking the source of the
pattern, if taken from a book. Often the designer's signature and date are
on the pricking, but if not, something about the design source should be
noted. If you don't destroy the pricking after use, supposing the pricking
is lost and found, the next person knows where to find the original, and you
have the information at hand if someone asks (while working on the lace for
instance!). By right, the source is important.

--
Bev in Sooke BC (on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)