To: "Lace" <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 8:20 PM
Subject: [lace] Bobbin Lace Survey

As I sit here yet again avoiding the final sewing of my current lace piece (the first of two interlocked hearts, only 12 pairs for goodness sake!), I find myself pondering on what aspect of bobbin lace people dislike the most. I know lacemakers who profess to dislike most - or even hate and avoid at all costs - each of the following items. As you will have gathered, I fit into the second bunch though I am quite happy doing numbers 1 and 3. So which category do you fit in? (Sorry needlelacers and tatters!) Or is there something else that should be on the list? I will happily summarise the responses to the list in a couple of weeks so feel free to answer privately. There are no wrong answers ...

1) Winding bobbins
2) Final sewing together
3) Tallies (leaves, squares, triangles, any other type)

Over to you in eager anticipation :-)

Helen (in Vancouver, BC on the west coast of mainland Canada where it has been a beautiful sunny day)