(sorry Helen I hit reply and not reply to all and so sending again)
Oh gosh, I have trouble with square tallies, (although they are improving on the bucks mat that I'm half way round) but I also hate pricking the patterns before working them - I tend to prick a little bit then prick as I go. And probably a little impatient when winding the bobbins - a do enough to get started then wind as I need them - generally cannot wait to get the pattern going. Perhaps that should be my new year's resolution to not get so excited/eager when making my lace

Celia ( in Plumstead SE London UK)

1) Winding bobbins
2) Final sewing together
3) Tallies (leaves, squares, triangles, any other type)

Over to you in eager anticipation :-)

Helen (in Vancouver, BC on the west coast of mainland Canada where it has been a beautiful sunny day)