---- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
=============
1) Winding bobbins
2) Final sewing together
3) Tallies (leaves, squares, triangles, any other type)

I have a couple of friends that avoid half stitch at all costs.  It can be
awkward, and easy to lose your place (and then difficult to find it again).
Personally, I like the look of it so much that I refuse to be cowed by it.  I
even rather enjoy it.  I'd rather do that then large areas of cloth
stitch--such an inefficient way to weave fabric!

I don't particularly enjoy winding bobbins, but I do it watching TV, and spread
it out over a number of days, if need be.  So that's not a biggie for me.

Final sewing together?  I don't finish anything so I don't need to worry about
that one!  <LOL>

I'm okay with square tallies and only tried triangles once (and never tried
crescents).  I'm uncomfortable with leaves, but mostly because they don't come
easily (as did most everythng else in BL) and I haven't practiced anywhere near
enough to get the hang of them.  I love those fat, pumpkinseed leaves in
Maltese lace but all I've managed are skinny bird beaks or leaves that are half
fat and then abruptly get skinny for the second half of their length.  I admit
I tend to avoid patterns with tallies, and refuse to do Bucks patterns that
have those squares in the ground for no apparent reason (I refuse to do the
squares, not the patterns) in part because I think the result is ugly/silly.  I
guess I don't much care for tallies--too much work and fuss for nothing all
that pretty to show for the effort.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA