-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
miladamarshall
Subject: Re: [lace] Bobbin Lace Survey

We all seem agreed that the most enjoyable part is the actual bobbin
clicking!
To get over the worst bit, of pricking and winding bobbins, I usually start
doing this in small stages before I have actually finished the previous
lace - an hour or so at a time. This way, the pricking is easiest as it is
best done in small bits, before the concentration goes.  Winding (setting up

the winder) I try to do in batches of (50 / 100) bobbins, and as I usually
do Binche, I do start before they are all wound.

Hello Fellow Spiders and Milada Marshall

I have just received Issue 79 of The Lacemaker and on the front cover is
portrayed Milada Marshall's Binche mat 'Tournament'.  Many congratulations
Milada, it's exquisite!  I have quickly glanced through the magazine (no
time to read it thoroughly yet) but have been unable to find any information
relating to this wonderful piece.  Perhaps you could tell us a little more
about it please.

Catherine Barley
Henley-on-Thames