[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
As I sit here yet again avoiding the final sewing of my current lace piece (the
first of two interlocked hearts, only 12 pairs for goodness sake!), I find
myself pondering on what aspect of bobbin lace people dislike the most.  I know
lacemakers who profess to dislike most - or even hate and avoid at all costs -
each of the following items.  As you will have gathered, I fit into the second
bunch though I am quite happy doing numbers 1 and 3.  So which category do you
fit in?  (Sorry needlelacers and tatters!)  Or is there something else that
should be on the list?  I will happily summarise the responses to the list in a
couple of weeks so feel free to answer privately.  There are no wrong answers

1) Winding bobbins
2) Final sewing together
3) Tallies (leaves, squares, triangles, any other type)

I don't find bobbin winding tedious as long as I don't have to do it all at once. Like others I find watching TV whilst winding makes the task less onerous.

Pricking a pattern is just part of the process, gives me chance to understand the pattern before starting to make the lace.

Sewing together at the end just takes time, I never do it when I'm tired or without a good light, what it really annoying is having to undo errors made because I was too impatient to finish. I use magic threads for any awkward places where manoeuvring a crochet hook would be difficult.

Tallies and leaves are OK now but I didn't like them at first.

My biggest dislikes are the mounting of lace onto fabric and working Beds nine pin around corners where all the pins get in the way.

--
Eve
Poole, Dorset, UK