I agree with you completely, Jean!! The Yahoo groups have so many bells and whistles, but with all that, they aren't a bit better... except, perhaps, that you can post pictures. Part of the appeal of this group is that it appears in my mail, just as any other email, and so I feel more directly connected to everyone!

Clay

Jean Nathan wrote:
Sue wrote:

<Should we be looking at updating in some way?  Perhaps we could
all contribute a little to the cost as I am sure there will be some!  >

A couple/few years ago we had trouble with a disruptive member - think that was when Avital took on the moderation. Someone from the persons service provider set up another group for us - might be the Yahoo Group that's currently running. Several Arachne members joined that, BUT they also stayed with Arachne. Yahoo groups are free to set up and run, and can be done by anyone, so there's no need for cost, which would be extremely difficult to collect and co-ordinate with the number of different countries and currencies associated with our members.

Don't know what it is, but to me there's something very appealing about this group and the way it operates - more so than any other group I belong to.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK