On Thu, 21 May 2009 23:44:54 -0400, you wrote:

>So, I got this, which, I think, can be safely forwarded to the
>list-at-large, without offending Lauren. It seems that I was right
>about the source of the aluminium bobbins. And, if so, then maybe
>Shirley Tregellas herself will tell us whether those bobbins are still
>available or not; I think she reads our list occcasionally.

I used to sell the aluminium bobbins from Tregallas, and he stopped
making them around 2001 - he made quite a few for the CD 2000 project,
so it was definitely after 2000 - he stopped due to ill health.
I still get asked for them, and there is another person making them in
the UK - RGS Engineering:
http://rgsengineering.net
He makes them in lovely colours too. We saw him recently at the
Chepstow Lace Fair.
ttfn Jacqui