I have a couple of the aluminium bobbins commemorating the "CD 2000" project, 
and they are lighter (and a little slimmer) than any of my wooden bobbins.
I love the sound they make, but I personally feel they're too light to use for 
anything except fine thread lace.

I see that the RGS engineering describe their aluminium bobbins as being about 
the same weight as bone bobbins. I only have one bone bobbin, and it's quite a 
small one compared to my wooden midland ones, so ... how do other people find 
bone bobbins compare to wooden ones in weight?

Beth
in a rather showery Cheshire, NW England
>
> I was thinking more that they seem very light and I've got a couple of
> light bobbins that I find don't handle as well as the heavier ones -
> especially with regard to tension.
>
>
> Lesley

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

Reply via email to