Hello

I have finally begun working on a lace flower. One of a number I hope over the coming weeks. I bought coloured thread to work them only to find that it is too fine for the patterns I am working on, so I have begun using the venus colours I have instead. This first one is the daisy from the fantasy flowers book and most of it is ok, I am struggling a bit with the central area. I decided to use wire as an outside gimp so I could bend leaves into shape rather than have them floppy or use stiffner of another kind but I find the wire crinkles up from time to time. I have smoothed it out gently and its ok, but I am wondering about working with starch, or other kinds of stiffner for other flowers. Can I ask those people in the UK, what type of product they use to stiffen larger flowers (this one done 85% or the original pattern size) not the small size of some of the separate leaf shapes in some other flower books I have. I am considering working some of these tiny ones too, using the separate leaves and making up one leaf at a time. I dont want to spray things onto my pillow, so I am expecting to take them off there but could pin them out onto another surface before spraying, pasting, or whatever.
Any comments or advise mose welcome.

Sue T Dorset, UK
Bobbin Lace and Glass engravings
http://www.hurwitzend.co.uk