Last year at the OIDFA congress in Groningen, I did the course on 's
Gravenmoerse lace and the teacher used something in a spray can called
"Fixative" and it worked a treat.  Here in South Africa I have now used
Artist's fixative with the same result.  It is not a heavy stiffener and
does not dull the thread like some other stiffeners. A friend has also
brought me a can of Fixative from Germany.  The lace is sprayed while still
on the pillow and then immediately dabbed with a tissue to soak up the
excess.  You repeat the process until you have reached the derised
stiffness.

Jeanette Fischer, Western Cape, South Africa.

database 4529 (20091021) __________

http://www.eset.com