Hi Sue

Delighted you are enjoying my pattern but sorry you do not like this thread.
Of course you may change your thread to any you like but a thicker thread may
not work up as it should.  About the trouble you are having with your threads.
Do you cut off 4 inches from the bobbin thread (NOT the remainder attached to
the lace)?  When a tread breaks all the fibres reaching that point are
strained to breaking point and by cutting off 4 inches you can be sure you
have removed all of them. As you have made more lace after the breaking
position you would have worked past any weakness left if you had not cut off
thread so I don't thin it applies in this case.  Next point, has your thread
weak for any reason.  Occasionally I have come across a batch of weak thread -
usually the result of a bad growing season or the maufacturer making a mistake
with the processing of the thread. Check the strength of the tread by pulling
ot breaking point to check its strength. The biggest problem with breaking
thread I have found to be friction with the cover cloth and I usually advise
pinning a strip of polythene bag across the top edge of the cover cloth to
remedy it. If this does not work contact me and I will phone you and see what
I can offer. I'm sure there must be an answer.

Hoping your lacemaking will happy soon

Alex