For those that use a Mac and are still looking for an alternative to the
expensive Adobe Illustrator as a vector drawing program for your designs, I
might have found something. I for one would rather spend those 800 $ for
bobbins, pins and threads.

The application is called "EazyDraw" and has quite a lot of features that you
only find in professional CAD progams. It used to be 99 $ for the download
version (and still costs that much from their website) - and now I found it for
11,99 Euros in the new App Store (prolly 14,99 $ in the US).

Just had a short look into it and it seems quite capable and promising. This
might really be an alternative to the "big players" and certainly worth a try
for that price - the learning curve might be quite steep though, there's a 350
page manual included ...

I used Intaglio up to now - not bad but it is more of a desktop publishing
program and crashes quite often on me.

No connection to the makers of this app - I just wanted to let you know what
might be a real snip (or bargain for the non-Europeans ;-) ).

Best regards from sunny but cold Berlin, Achim.