Another thought: At the one and only convention I've attended, a highlight
for me was the IOLI AGM. I really found the proceedings interesting. It
might not be the most popular part of the entire convention, but isn't it a
priority of the event?
The options, especially classes, would make it more attractive to attend,
if one had the means.

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada