I have been teaching children for 4 years (7-12 yrs old at the beginning) and
although I went and got the australian police clearance called 'working with
children' it has never been asked for.

I teach in my own home each Saturday afternoon and it is purely voluntary on
behalf of the kids. If they felt threatened in any way they would not come.

I was unsure how to respond to a comment that i was a surrogate grandmother but
on reflection that makes sense as i live in a 'young' town with the average age
being in the 30's. Whatever the reason i love being able to pass on my love of
craft to a new generation.

We have explored different crafts over the time but the one stipulation is that
they must learn bobbin lace to attend.

I must admit i have been surprised that the group has continued for so long!!

Regards
Jenny Brandis
Kununurra, Western Australia