Hi All

Been watching this thread with interest.  I am enhanced CRB checked and do hold
a current certificate.... however here in the UK it would only cover me for
being a School Crossing Patrol!  If I wanted to go into school to 'teach' then
I should be CRB checked for that... if I wanted to work with 'vulnerable
adults' in other centres.... again another CRB check would have to be made.
Trusteeship of a group registered with the Charities Commission would need
another CRB clearance....  All of which must be paid for by an organisation,
and the paperwork can take up to 6 months!!

This situation is rather ludicrous, as each of the above checks would be made
by the SAME County Council!!!  Now where is the sense in that??  IMHO it's a
great way of raising extra money!  Also, if someone is 'retired' or
self-employed, there is NO WAY that they can get their employer to pay for a
CRB clearance.... doesn't enter into the scheme!

In other words, whereas I could potentially go into the community to teach lace
because I'm 'employed' , someone else who is retired couldn't, unless they
could 'persuade' the relevant school or whatever, to pay.... £60 UKP EACH
TIME!!!  Separate ones for separate schools/centres etc....

this is probably why it just ain't gonna happen here in the UK!!

Down off soapbox....

Sue in East Yorkshrie