Hello Lyn, and everyone
I volunteer with an out-reach program, visiting schools. As a matter of
course, we agreed to a criminal records check at the onset of volunteering
for the program. It probably helps that my program is sponsored by a
creditable arts institution that can cover the expense of the records check.
Make of that what you will, but that's the way it's done.
To initiate a lacemaking club in a public school isn't as easy as it might
sound, is it :(

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada