Dear Joke, I apologize, but your posting struck me the wrong way. I'm sitting here with tears of laughter running down my face, thinking, "Rats, my extensive criminal convictions will not let me teach lace to children..." I know it's serious, and probably expensive, but really, lacemakers going to schools to prey on young children? The thought is such an absurdity. I suppose there could be a predator out there, lurking amongst us lacemakers, but....
Please enjoy the joke with me. Lyn from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA, who had the charges for failing to show her automobile insurance to the cop withdrawn today. Honestly. Joke wrote: >It would be lovely if children could have an afternoon to >get to know lacemaking. Unfortunately in the UK and I wouldn't be >surprised in a lot of other countries, all adults working with or teaching >children need to be CBR checked. This means the person in question has to be >checked if they have a criminal record. As you can understand, this is a lot >of paperwork and extra cost for the school. So don't be to harsh on the >schools. >Also parents nowadays expect all adults, who work with children in >after school activities or clubs, to be CBR checked as well. > "My email sends out an automatic message. Arachne members, please ignore it. I read your emails." - To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to [email protected]. Photo site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/
