"........Some folk are very quick to criticize/voice their disapproval but
how often do any of them contribute an article to a guild bulletin to which
they subscribe I wonder?......

Oh dear!  Don't start me on this one!!!!!!!!!! :)
I have long said that if no-one contributes to magazines, there won't be a
magazine to receive and read.  Editors only collate the articles that are
submitted, - they don't write the whole magazine themselves!!

I upset someone, very early on in the Guild (1980's) who was complaining
there was "nothing much in the new magazine"- I asked if she had contributed
anything?. What?!!!  That was Far beneath her, by her haughty response!!!
Contributing to magazines was for the lower class of lacemakers, obviously.

Me and my big mouth!!! I promptly said that if she did not contribute
anything she had no right to grumble.!!!!!!!!!  She never spoke to me again
- No great loss!!

I try to contribute something one a year to each of the guilds I am in  ( 4
guilds and 4 Lace chat groups - or is that 5 of each?!!!!!!!  I think I may
have an addiction...!!!)

Regards from Liz in Melbourne