I have some colors in DMC Broder Machine 50 including a few variegated ones I
picked up on my travels.  They either came from quilting stores or from lace
vendors, probably when traveling through Iowa to Utah 2 years ago.  I would
think DMC 50 is thinner than regular sewing thread which is usually size 30.
Check out the rest of the lace thread vendors.  I have been buying Mettler 60
sewing thread at sewing shops locally for the color selection but the thread
does tend to unwind and make it easier to shred when doing sewings.  I like
using DMC 50 for white work and there were or maybe still are different shades
of white available. Don't have enough colors yet to be considered a workable
pallet.

Do you have fabric shops or quilting shops in your area.  Might be worth a
phone call.

Janice

Janice Blair
Murrieta, CA, 60 miles north of San Diego
www.jblace.com
www.lacemakersofillinois.org