Hi Devon

Madeira Tanne - 2Z-39 w/cm.
DMC Broder Machine - 2Z-42 w/cm

The only other current threads in the same sort of thickness and available in
colours, that I know of, are:
Aurifil Mako 50wt - 2Z-40w/cm
http://www.aurifil.com/products/cotton-50
<http://www.aurifil.com/products/cotton-50>

or
Superior Threads Masterpiece - which I have listed as 2Z-38 w/cm, but
according to their website only the pre-wound bobbins (sewing machine bobbins)
are 50/2.  The reels and cones are 50/3, I haven’t yet seen any of that
http://www.superiorthreads.com/product/brand/masterpiece/
<http://www.superiorthreads.com/product/brand/masterpiece/>

Brenda

> I have been enjoying my complete set of Madiera Tanne 50 that  I bought
> many years ago in order to have a huge palette of colors for creative  work
in
> bobbin lace. But unfortunately, some colors are becoming depleted and
> Madiera Tanne 50  is no longer being made. I asked Holly Van Sciver about a
> replacement that would serve the same purpose and she said that she thought
that
> DMC Cotton Machine Embroidery Thread, size 50 weight, (Broder Machine) was
> what I was looking for, but that she did not carry it.

Brenda in Allhallows
paternos...@appleshack.com
www.brendapaternoster.co.uk