Craig Graham wrote:
> Hmm. Just got round to my second approach and it also takes 20ms.
> However if I change it to "subroutine" it comes down to 8ms here.
> Have the posted results been normal priority or subroutine?

Apparently the tests are being done reentrant, but not with the VIs set to
subroutine. Both changes give the same doubling in performance- I assume
from ditching debug and UI code internally.

Does a similar speedup from ditching debug code occur naturally in a built
app for VIs that are not reentrant? I've never noticed, but I've never
bothered looking at the effects of things like this before.

--
Dr. Craig Graham, Software Engineer
Advanced Analysis and Integration Limited, UK. http://www.aail.co.uk/