"Scott Remington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>Jason Hobbs and
>Vesna Jadric @ NI were able to make the older LV6.1 vi's available once
>again at NI's ftp site ftp://ftp.ni.com/outgoing/.  They are called "ID
>Templates 6.1.zip".
> (...)
>Because there have been a lot of complaints by users concerning the
>drivers provided by instrument manufacturers in general, I've taken it
>upon myself to work on the ones my company provides and I wanted a good
>starting point.

Glad to hear that someone else was able to help with what you were looking for - and a
big thumbs up for making the effort to write decent drivers. If only other
manufacturers would follow your lead!

As a late adopter still on LV5, I hadn't seen the 'icon art glossary'
(http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/library/icon_art_glossary.htm) until I saw the link
from the driver templates page on the NI site today. Is it just me or is this the most
hideous, haphazard ragbag since the invention of the Windows toolbar? I counted *at
least twelve* different styles of xy graph in this collection of supposedly
'consistent' symbols. NI obviously know what a graphic designer is (see the 3D
controls in LV6 onwards), couldn't they get one to just spend a day or so on bringing
some kind of order to this mess? Well written LabVIEW code should look beautiful -
IMHO these symbols are an eyesore!

Dr Tom Hawkins
High Throughput Screening Analyst, Associated Octel ltd
PO Box 17, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire CH65 4HF, UK
+44 (0)151 355 3611  [EMAIL PROTECTED]