Scott,
We currently only maintain our templates for the latest version of LabVIEW.  We will add support for previous versions, but in the future any updates will only be reflected in the templates for the latest LabVIEW version.  This is so we can incorporate the latest LabVIEW technologies in the templates.  I have saved the current templates in LabVIEW 6.1 and put them on our FTP site at ftp.ni.com/outgoing.  They are named ID Templates 6.1.zip.  You should be able to access them there for around a week.  We will also update our site to have the templates for previous LabVIEW versions.

I want to point you to some of our newly updated tools.  These tools can assist you during the development process.

Newly updated and approved LabVIEW Instrument Driver Guidelines
(http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/library/instrument_driver_guidelines.htm)
Icon Art Glossary
(http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/library/icon_art_glossary.htm)
Newly updated Developing LabVIEW Plug and Play Instrument Drivers application note
(http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/6100BC4CA014910786256E4A006FE675?opendocument).

Let me know if you have any questions about these tools during your development.  I would also like to point out that you can submit your driver to be certified and included in the Instrument Driver Network (ni.com/idnet).  Also, take a look at our Instrument Driver Developer Program (http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/iddp.htm).  It is designed to provide value for vendors that develop LabVIEW and/or CVI instrument drivers.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to assist.

Jason Hobbs