> Is it just me
> or is this the most hideous, haphazard ragbag since the invention of the
> Windows toolbar? I counted *at least twelve* different styles of xy graph
> in
> this collection of supposedly 'consistent' symbols.

While it is always good to get feedback, it is even better to get
feedback that you understand.  The icon symbols are intended to be used
in conjunction with one another, and other standard symbols to convey
graphically what the word or phrase to the left says.  These have to be
downright tiny since they have to fit in an icon, and they aren't meant
to be the whole icon either.

Some of them are available with alternatives and at a couple sizes, but
I didn't see twelve XY graphs.  Are we looking at the same page?

http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/library/icon_art_glossary.htm

This is an attempt, and a work in progress, at making a more standard
set of glyphs that users can reuse when they need to express something
graphically.  It did involve a graphics designer, though not the same
ones as work on the catalog or the LV6 3D controls.

I'd eventually like to see this opened upfor submissions and make this a
good resource.  If you could be more precise about which glyphs you
don't like or don't feel is appropriate, that would be welcome.  If your
are just expressing an opinion, that is fine too, but we've all got
one...

Greg McKaskle