Mattias Gaertner schrieb:

Often I come across "circles", referring to circular unit references. IMO the correct term instead would be "loops", in e.g. "avoid loops".

AFAIK the correct term in graph theory is "cycle".

Sounds good.

Many descriptions only describe the obvious, like method names expressed in more words. Such descriptions are quite useless, and should be replaced by more informative ones. I'd suggest to remove all these descriptions (replace by a todo-marker?), until somebody can describe the elements better.

I doubt that this should be done for all.
What if the method just does what the name says?

Who can know that for sure?

The final documenation shows the element name, so that the short description should not duplicate this name, IMO. Opinions?

What do you purpose instead?

A description without duplication of the name. The need for a different description can remove mental barriers, which otherwise can cause repetition of the obvious.

Related: the FPDoc Editor IMO should always show the short description, above the pages. Then it's easier to e.g. avoid duplication of the short description in the long description.

The short description is already shown above the long description.

Yes, I suggested that as a workaround. But the short description is not editable in that page. I prefer to have the long description visible while coding, and when I want to insert a missing (short) description, I have to switch pages.

[...] The same for parameters, whose separate descriptions are not normally accessible in e.g. the FPDoc editor.

ToDo. Please create a feature request.

Okay.

[...]
As already mentioned in another mail, all links to #LCL are broken now.

I changed the #LCL to #LCLBase in the lcl xml files.

Argh :-(

DoDi