Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 16:59:14 +0100
Hans-Peter Diettrich <drdiettri...@aol.com> wrote:

[...]
As already mentioned in another mail, all links to #LCL are broken now.
I changed the #LCL to #LCLBase in the lcl xml files.
Argh :-(

?

Why do you break existing documentation, which refers to the LCL?

Even if you can fix this in the Lazarus documentation, all other documentation (of user packages or projects) will be broken now.

This means that every user now has to provide two versions of his documentation, one compatible with the last Lazarus release (0.9.30), and another one compatbible with newer Lazarus versions.

The same for all existing projects, which have to depend on LCLbase now, where formerly they had LCL as their dependency.

I see absolutely no reason why the LCL should reside in a package of a different name, and a package named LCL refers to something else.

Once again the core developers deliberately break compatibility, for nothing but lazyness, and to hide a stupid decision, made before :-(

DoDi