On 04/25/2013 09:34 AM, Sven Barth wrote:
Am 25.04.2013 07:10, schrieb Jürgen Hestermann:

Am 2013-04-24 20:25, schrieb Jesus Reyes:

Still I am wondering why nobody seems to miss a horizontal
shift for TListBox and TStringGrid (especially because a
slider is shown for TStringGrid but does not work). Are
these bugs which nobody discovered since years? I can't
believe it.

Do you know if is there a bug report about it?, if not, please feel
free to submit one (I'm talking about the TStringGrid).

As others told me these are all limitations of the underlying
widgetset (in this case Win32 GUI) so it cannot be fixed within Lazarus.

But AFAIK one can enforce a horizontal scroll bar for a list box. This
can be seen here for example:
http://www.delphitricks.com/source-code/components/show_a_horizontal_scrollbar_in_a_listbox.html

So one might need to adjust the TListBox implementation to support this
as well (and I simply assume for now that the other widgetsets also
support a horizontal scrollbar in a list box...).

Afair in lazarus TListBox.ScrollWidth := Canvas.textWidth(longeststring) works (at least with qt widgetset).

z.